I'm looking for a reliable Japanese word segmentation algorithm

This page summarizes the projects mentioned and recommended in the original post on /r/LearnJapanese

Scout Monitoring - Free Django app performance insights with Scout Monitoring
Get Scout setup in minutes, and let us sweat the small stuff. A couple lines in settings.py is all you need to start monitoring your apps. Sign up for our free tier today.
www.scoutapm.com
featured
InfluxDB - Power Real-Time Data Analytics at Scale
Get real-time insights from all types of time series data with InfluxDB. Ingest, query, and analyze billions of data points in real-time with unbounded cardinality.
www.influxdata.com
featured
  • ichiran

    Linguistic tools for texts in Japanese language

    Check out ichi.moe. The word detection and splitting is quite good, and the backend is available on Github as ichiran. Unfortunately for most sane developers, the backend is written in Lisp.

  • Scout Monitoring

    Free Django app performance insights with Scout Monitoring. Get Scout setup in minutes, and let us sweat the small stuff. A couple lines in settings.py is all you need to start monitoring your apps. Sign up for our free tier today.

    Scout Monitoring logo
  • rakutenma-python

    Rakuten MA (Python version)

    There are some projects on github that seem promising (ex https://github.com/ikegami-yukino/rakutenma-python ) but I just have to re-emphasize that even if the computer is getting 95%+ of the sentences right, a leaner is going to be looking for help with that remaining 5% and the computer will never have it.

  • ginza

    A Japanese NLP Library using spaCy as framework based on Universal Dependencies

NOTE: The number of mentions on this list indicates mentions on common posts plus user suggested alternatives. Hence, a higher number means a more popular project.

Suggest a related project

Related posts

  • Function & Variable Naming Conventions?

    1 project | /r/lisp | 6 Mar 2021
  • Starting a batteries-included extended standard library project. Request for comments.

    5 projects | /r/Common_Lisp | 16 Jan 2021
  • I made a cool (i think) Japanese resource list website

    1 project | /r/LearnJapanese | 4 Nov 2023
  • Vale.sh – A Linter for Prose

    7 projects | news.ycombinator.com | 3 Sep 2023
  • Show HN: Immersion language learning suite for Android

    1 project | news.ycombinator.com | 1 Jul 2023

Did you konow that Python is
the 1st most popular programming language
based on number of metions?