Testing Python Code Using UnitTest

This page summarizes the projects mentioned and recommended in the original post on dev.to

Our great sponsors
  • WorkOS - The modern API for authentication & user identity.
  • Onboard AI - ChatGPT with full context of any GitHub repo.
  • InfluxDB - Power Real-Time Data Analytics at Scale
  • txt-to-HTML-converter

    A conversion tool made for converting txt file to standard HTML.

    Hey everyone, I recently had to create testers for my TXT to HTML Converter program. To do this I used the built-in UnitTest framework, which I'll talk about below.

  • ruff

    An extremely fast Python linter and code formatter, written in Rust.

    It was with this test that I made that I was able to test my parse_md function, previously called check_md_and_write, and locate a bug that I uncovered a last week. I noticed this bug when I was using the linter, Ruff, and formatter, Black, I set up for my project. If you're interested in reading about the linter and formatter I chose and the setup process you can read last week's blog. Essentially the problem was that I could not parse any Markdown in my program. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I think it had something to do with when I refactored my code and tried to clean things up. Luckily, I still has the branches where I worked on improved the function to parse markdown and the refactoring branch. To make note of it, I made an issue for myself and specified which branches to take a look at.

  • WorkOS

    The modern API for authentication & user identity. The APIs are flexible and easy-to-use, supporting authentication, user identity, and complex enterprise features like SSO and SCIM provisioning.

  • black

    The uncompromising Python code formatter

    It was with this test that I made that I was able to test my parse_md function, previously called check_md_and_write, and locate a bug that I uncovered a last week. I noticed this bug when I was using the linter, Ruff, and formatter, Black, I set up for my project. If you're interested in reading about the linter and formatter I chose and the setup process you can read last week's blog. Essentially the problem was that I could not parse any Markdown in my program. I wasn't sure what the problem was, but I think it had something to do with when I refactored my code and tried to clean things up. Luckily, I still has the branches where I worked on improved the function to parse markdown and the refactoring branch. To make note of it, I made an issue for myself and specified which branches to take a look at.

NOTE: The number of mentions on this list indicates mentions on common posts plus user suggested alternatives. Hence, a higher number means a more popular project.

Suggest a related project

Related posts