sample-mkdocs-gh-project VS pages-gem

Compare sample-mkdocs-gh-project vs pages-gem and see what are their differences.


A simple Ruby Gem to bootstrap dependencies for setting up and maintaining a local Jekyll environment in sync with GitHub Pages (by github)
Our great sponsors
  • InfluxDB - Collect and Analyze Billions of Data Points in Real Time
  • Onboard AI - Learn any GitHub repo in 59 seconds
  • SaaSHub - Software Alternatives and Reviews
sample-mkdocs-gh-project pages-gem
1 575
1 1,787
- 0.0%
0.0 0.0
2 months ago 2 months ago
Makefile Ruby
- MIT License
The number of mentions indicates the total number of mentions that we've tracked plus the number of user suggested alternatives.
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.


Posts with mentions or reviews of sample-mkdocs-gh-project. We have used some of these posts to build our list of alternatives and similar projects. The last one was on 2021-08-10.


Posts with mentions or reviews of pages-gem. We have used some of these posts to build our list of alternatives and similar projects. The last one was on 2023-10-27.
  • Using .NET as WebAssembly from JavaScript (React)
    4 projects | | 27 Oct 2023
    For building the project, I used GitHub Actions; for hosting, GitHub Pages. GitHub provides 2000 free build minutes per month, which is more than enough for me. The logic is:
  • How to run Jekyll on Kubernetes
    4 projects | | 2 Oct 2023
    Another interesting option is using GitHub + GitHub Pages + GitHub Actions. In this case you can leverage this interesting workflow:
  • Useful Websites for Beginner Web Developers
    8 projects | | 19 Sep 2023
    GitHub Pages: Host your own website for free using GitHub Pages. A great way to showcase your projects.
  • “Make” as a Static Site Generator
    15 projects | | 10 Sep 2023
    It's a neat idea, though I have to point out that if you're already pushing to Github, you could just push the source and Github will publish your markdown as a hosted page:
  • Building project docs for GitHub Pages
    7 projects | | 29 Aug 2023
    While working on publishing a new Python package, I wanted to publish the documentation built from the source code to GitHub Pages. This process has become much simpler and more streamlined than the last time I setup a workflow to do so (and that was building OpenAPI docs).
  • Self-Host Church WordPress Site
    2 projects | /r/selfhosted | 11 Jul 2023
    I’d probably start with a static site generator like Hugo or gatsby, and host it with GitHub pages for free: and see how far that got me. 99% will cover all the basic contact needs of any non profit. And for the remaining 1%… Wordpress might not be a great fit
  • Website Hosting Doubt !
    3 projects | /r/github | 9 Jul 2023
    That being said you can host a GitHub Page, but I believe those are designed for static sites that pertain to your repository. More information here.
    3 projects | /r/github | 9 Jul 2023
  • 9 Hand Picked FREE Heroku Alternatives [2023]
    8 projects | | 6 Jul 2023
    GitHub Pages is a free web hosting service provided by GitHub. You can easily create and host static websites served directly from your project's GitHub repository.
  • Where to host static websites
    3 projects | | 1 Jul 2023
    GitHub Pages -

What are some alternatives?

When comparing sample-mkdocs-gh-project and pages-gem you can also consider the following projects:

al-folio - A beautiful, simple, clean, and responsive Jekyll theme for academics

neocities - - the web site. The entire thing. Yep, we're completely open source.

Jekyll - :globe_with_meridians: Jekyll is a blog-aware static site generator in Ruby

Hugo - The world’s fastest framework for building websites.

git - A fork of Git containing Windows-specific patches.

Docusaurus - Easy to maintain open source documentation websites.

quickstart-android - Firebase Quickstart Samples for Android

Dokku - A docker-powered PaaS that helps you build and manage the lifecycle of applications

jekyll-paginate-v2 - Pagination Generator for Jekyll 3 (enhanced replacement for the old built-in jekyll-paginate gem) ⛺

gp-blog - This project is a showcase of how to setup a portfolio website using GitHub Pages, with the main accent put on the blogging part.

starter-workflows - Accelerating new GitHub Actions workflows

flyctl - Command line tools for services