|6 days ago||about 2 years ago|
|Apache License 2.0||MIT License|
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.
1 project | reddit.com/r/patient_hackernews | 30 Apr 20221 project | reddit.com/r/hackernews | 30 Apr 2022
Quite a lot, actually! It's definitely not ready for prime-time usage or anything, but:
* There are some Docker commands you can use to try it out on some Go code right now (still working on getting binary releases for each OS so Docker is not necessary)
* There's a not-too-bad frontend (written in Elm), screenshots in the README are real & it all functions!
* There's an indexer implemented for the Go language that runs tree-sitter queries & emits a basic schema, the idea is each language would emit to a common schema like this and then the frontend can serve it, we can index it for search, etc.
So, I mean, yeah - just a week into it, but like - you can already view documentation for Go functions in it so moving quickly!
Whoa, hey everyone! Wasn't expecting to see this on HN! I've literally only done a week of work on this, so it's super early stages. Here are our plans for it:
* 100% OSS tool, run locally on your machine (static Go binary) or use https://doctree.dev (plug in a repository name, get docs) - really want this to be a proper, useful FOSS tool.
* The online version doesn't exist yet, we do own the domain :)
* Will work with any language, based on tree-sitter.
* Will provide symbol-level search functionality.
* We're thinking we can leverage Sourcegraph's open source code index to do statistical analysis of how functions are commonly called (what parameters look like most often), similar to https://codestat.dev, so that we can surface real-world usage examples automatically.
Tech details (again, just a week in):
* Go for backend, Elm for frontend
* Indexers will be written in Go, use tree-sitter queries to produce a standard index schema which then gets served to Elm frontend for rendering. https://github.com/sourcegraph/doctree/blob/main/doctree/sch...
Probably so early stages it's not worth trying out right now, but if you're interested in it we set up a Discord server for collaboration, etc.
Happy to answer any questions!
Doctree – First-class library docs tool
1 project | news.ycombinator.com | 20 Apr 2022
Apple Monterey reserves port 5000, a common web development port
1 project | news.ycombinator.com | 22 Nov 2021
I don't think IANA explicitly reserved .dev. It was made popular as a local dev domain by Basecamp's Pow. IANA only defines .test, .example, .invalid, .local, and .localhost as reserved (with .onion being the latest addition in 2015)
Though in this list, only .test and .example are marked as non-special and must be resolved normally by RFC 6761, and .local is reserved for mDNS by RFC 6762. In this list, .test would have been the most appropriate for Pow to use.
CydeWeys (Tech Lead of Google Registry) has commented on HN in the past that they did not anticipated people weren't following the best practices, which makes me think IANA should have given .dev the same treatment as .onion: by explicitly reserving them (but this is another topic to discuss).
What are some alternatives?
guardian - Elixir Authentication
ueberauth - An Elixir Authentication System for Plug-based Web Applications
phx_gen_auth - An authentication system generator for Phoenix 1.5 applications.
htpasswd - Apache httpasswd file reader/writer in Elixir
coherence - Coherence is a full featured, configurable authentication system for Phoenix
ueberauth_google - Google OAuth2 Strategy for Überauth.
samly - Elixir Plug library to enable SAML 2.0 SP SSO in Phoenix/Plug applications.
elixir_auth_google - 👤Minimalist Google OAuth Authentication for Elixir Apps. Tested, Documented & Maintained. Setup in 5 mins. 🚀
elixir-boilerplate - ⚗ The stable base upon which we build our Elixir projects at Mirego.
oauth2 - An Elixir OAuth 2.0 Client Library