|13 days ago||over 1 year ago|
|MIT License||GNU General Public License v3.0 only|
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.
Holy-Unblocker VS mathgames - a user suggested alternative
2 projects | 12 Jan 2022
Bypassing school web filters (Securly, GoGuardian, iboss, Lightspeed, Hapara, etc.) [A Guide]
1 project | reddit.com/r/goguardian | 13 Apr 2021
Official GitHub for HU: https://github.com/QuiteAFancyEmerald/Holy-Unblocker
Voat Is Shutting Down
2 projects | news.ycombinator.com | 21 Dec 2020
> The underlying nexus is that our ideals on free speech do not take into account human wetware bandwidth.
Damn, this is such a good metaphore, I had to think a lot about it.
For my browser  I wanted to introduce a fact gathering and linking system, and build it in a way that bias of authors (and publishers) can be guessed when they release a new article.
Rationalism will never be anything that can exist, because it is the opposite of human nature (or, the founding idea of our society).
The underlying issue is that emotions cause a lot of people to get irrational due to them not being able to differ a potentially dangerous situation with a potentially (equally) good solution.
I think that most (if not all) of fake news websites were shared because of only a couple of reasons:
1) Humans like to get reinforced in their own perception more than they like to get disagreed with.
2) Articles in these type of publishing mediums appeal to emotions rather than to facts, hence the reason for why they use pictures, videos and other recordings as "evidence" even they had totally nothing to do with it.
3) Humans are lazy. This is by far the most important point. If it is easy to comply with an emotional statement, and hard to gather evidence to disprove it; the emotional statement will always win.
4) Humans confuse disagreement with punishment. As a kid you get taught that there are negative effects when you disagree with society, or your mum/dad or other authoritarian figures. Rather than to punish kids when they are wrong we should encourage the gathering of evidence, and let them form an argument for both sides.
5) Humans are beings that forget. That is why media for the masses reuses pictures of a situation that happened years ago as "proof" for something clickbaity.
But yeah, these are just my two cents. Due to my browser I thought a lot about this and came to the conclusion that irrational hate speech is worse an enemy than someone might think on first sight.
What are some alternatives?
stealth - :rocket: Stealth - Secure, Peer-to-Peer, Private and Automateable Web Browser/Scraper/Proxy
PHP-Proxy - Proxy Application built on php-proxy library ready to be installed on your server
ergo - The management of multiple apps running over different ports made easy
ZeroNet - ZeroNet - Decentralized websites using Bitcoin crypto and BitTorrent network
Ultraviolet - Highly sophisticated proxy used for evading internet censorship or accessing websites in a controlled sandbox using the power of service-workers and more!
surfingkeys-conf - 🏄♀️ A SurfingKeys configuration which adds 130+ key mappings for 20+ sites & OmniBar search suggestions for 50+ sites