Our great sponsors
- Appwrite - The open-source backend cloud platform
- SurveyJS - A Non-Cloud Alternative to Google Forms that has it all.
- Amplication - open-source Node.js backend code generator
- InfluxDB - Collect and Analyze Billions of Data Points in Real Time
- Mergify - Updating dependencies is time-consuming.
|about 2 years ago||6 days ago|
|-||GNU General Public License v3.0 or later|
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.
Different flavors of content management
9 projects | dev.to | 28 Aug 2023
A headless one is responsible only for data management and providing an API for other applications to show this data. When talking about headless CMS, Strapi or Sanity comes to my mind first, but there are many more.
I need recommendations for creating an API. Start from scratch, or are there projects I can build from?
2 projects | /r/webdev | 20 Aug 2023
I initially looked into CMS's like Strapi and Directus to possibly handle my admin UI + API all at once. I haven't found anything that looks like it can do this yet, but I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. I would prefer it to be based in .NET or Node.js since I am more familiar with those, but there's no reason I couldn't do PHP either.
Open Source: Strapi v4 - Formula field
3 projects | dev.to | 15 Aug 2023
A plugin for Strapi Headless CMS that provides an integration with powerful mathjs library.
Launch HN: GitStart (YC S19) – Remote junior devs working on production PRs
8 projects | news.ycombinator.com | 7 Aug 2023
Pros and cons of off-the-shelf solutions for creating a control panel
6 projects | /r/reactjs | 13 Jul 2023
- We want a solution that creates CRUD (create, read, update, delete) quickly and requires minimal effort. - We want to be able to create some sort of complex interface if the task requires it. - We make cool, beautiful projects, so we want a visually pleasing solution. - We want the solution to be independent of the language on the back-end, because, for example, we started with PHP, Laravel, but over time node.js, Go appeared in the stack. In short, we want fast, beautiful and custom. We've had time to poke at various off-the-shelf solutions that we've been advised. They're good, but: - they are created specifically for some frameworks / languages like laravel, node.js - they can only generate CRUDs with a rigidly defined structure, where you can't implement or customize anything of your own. - they can't be styled Here's what we've been looking at Control Panels for Laravel: https://demo.backpackforlaravel.com/admin/dashboard Not a very pretty solution in our opinion. And the promo page has nice screenshots, not the demo "well such". https://orchid.software/en/ Not particularly functional, but neatly done https://nova.laravel.com They have a beautiful, but rigidly set strutkrua, you can not create castmon interfaces, stylize them. Just do CRUD and that's it. And it's paid https://filamentphp.com/ Analog to Nova, with essentially the same problems. For node.js: https://adminjs.co Nice promo, and the demo is way behind As standalone dashboards: https://strapi.io/ Very cool, but for other purposes. It's more of an entity builder with an interface and API https://pocketbase.io/ Similarly, it's an entity builder with an interface and API https://directus.io/ This is a backend builder. https://filamentphp.com/It is purely for php, you can't customize styles, you can't create your own interfaces. It is possible to create only tables and forms by template, and we remember that we want flexibility, independence from the language and the ability to create their own interfaces and customize them https://flatlogic.com This is also more of a backend builder. Direct competitors: https://github.com/refinedev/refine https://marmelab.com/react-admin/is probably the best solution that is currently on the market, they have been developing for a long time, they are our favorite. To the disadvantages we considered the following points: quite an old project, and somewhere the technology is already outdated, unsympathetic interface, old UI libraries. Huge documentation, it’s simply to create CRUD but hard to work without immersion. After all this there is only one conclusion: you need to do it yourself....
Looking for some advice! Currently working in wordpress to built some sites for clients. Looking to make a change and reading up on next.js and seems like it could be a great solution but is there a CMS that is comparable to Wordpress from a client making content updates standpoint?
6 projects | /r/nextjs | 27 Jun 2023
I don’t recommend using Wordpress as a Headless CMS because eventually you will have maintain and update plugins and more. If you know how to code, I would recommend PayloadCMS. My website is currently built with Next.js and Strapi. But I am planning to move to PayloadCMS in the near future. Strapi is good if you prefer no-code. PayloadCMS in case you know how to code with Typescript and Node.js.
Build a Blog Using Strapi and Next.js
2 projects | dev.to | 24 Jun 2023
Pregunta a programadores de este sub en relacion al mercado laboral [long post]
2 projects | /r/vzla | 16 Jun 2023
how to learn Computer Science at 21 with no GCSEs?
5 projects | /r/CasualUK | 31 May 2023
Use an API First open source content tool like Strapi to build a basic content structure (like a news article page) and then connect it to your React User Interface.
Should you be blogging as a software developer?
6 projects | dev.to | 26 May 2023
This is the route that I have taken. I have a slightly complicated setup with a custom-made Gatsby.js website hosted in an AWS S3 bucket with a Strapi CMS to store all my posts.
What are some alternatives?
KeystoneJS - The most powerful headless CMS for Node.js — built with GraphQL and React
Appwrite - Build Fast. Scale Big. All in One Place. Cloud is now available in public beta. 🌩
AdminJS - AdminJS is an admin panel for apps written in node.js
Ghost - Turn your audience into a business. Publishing, memberships, subscriptions and newsletters.
ApostropheCMS - Apostrophe is a full-featured, open-source CMS built with Node.js that empowers organizations by combining in-context editing and headless architecture in a full-stack JS environment.
Directus - The Modern Data Stack 🐰 — Directus is an instant REST+GraphQL API and intuitive no-code data collaboration app for any SQL database.
react-admin - A frontend Framework for building B2B applications running in the browser on top of REST/GraphQL APIs, using ES6, React and Material Design
appsmith - Platform to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.
sanity - Sanity Studio – Rapidly configure content workspaces powered by structured content
nocodb - 🔥 🔥 🔥 Open Source Airtable Alternative
Wagtail - A Django content management system focused on flexibility and user experience
supabase - The open source Firebase alternative. Follow to stay updated about our public Beta.