IOS contacts Vcard incorrect and now 100 work phones have the wrong contacts

This page summarizes the projects mentioned and recommended in the original post on reddit.com/r/sysadmin

Our great sponsors
  • Cloudways - Managed Cloud Hosting Platform
  • SonarLint - Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
  • InfluxDB - Build time-series-based applications quickly and at scale.
  • Radicale

    A simple CalDAV (calendar) and CardDAV (contact) server.

    I used this as a guide, but made some changes to it: https://github.com/Kozea/Radicale/issues/779

  • Baïkal

    Baïkal is a Calendar+Contacts server

    I did something very similar years ago in Baikal and its been running mostly intact since then with a few version upgrades here and there. PowerShell to get Exchange GAL contacts in CSV. Perl (because years ago I knew Perl better than PowerShell) to convert CSV to vCard. Perl to load vCard into Baikal directly though database write. 300 people with mobile devices use 1 read-only CardDAV account pushed out by our MDM and magically get the entire GAL on their phone. The ONLY issue is that once in a while a phone won't realize the CardDAV DB has updated and you have to go in and turn the account off/on in the phone settings to get it to refresh.

  • Cloudways

    Managed Cloud Hosting Platform. Cloudways leverages advanced technology and powerful servers. Cloudways is a one-click managed cloud hosting platform that provides cloud application and server management solutions. Get up to 2 months of Free Hosting by using code "LIBHUNT" and get a $30 free hosting credit.

NOTE: The number of mentions on this list indicates mentions on common posts plus user suggested alternatives. Hence, a higher number means a more popular project.

Suggest a related project

Related posts