Hunting down spooky JSON module redefinition via Oj

This page summarizes the projects mentioned and recommended in the original post on dev.to

Our great sponsors
  • Scout APM - Less time debugging, more time building
  • talent.io - Download talent.io’s Tech Salary Report
  • SonarLint - Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
  • fhir_client

    Ruby FHIR Client

    There was no specific place that was causing issues; it seemed to me whenever we were making a request via the client we had set up to hit an external API. Taking a quick trip to the issues for the project turned up an issue that looked suspiciously similar but with no actual outcome at the end of the thread barring some workarounds.

  • Oj

    Optimized JSON

    I knew that our app was using Oj for JSON serialisation. But I didn't initially notice anything spooky about pretty_generate. A colleague of mine (shoutout Iain) had keener eyes and pulled up the C file that dealt with something spooky sounding in mimic_json.c.

  • Scout APM

    Less time debugging, more time building. Scout APM allows you to find and fix performance issues with no hassle. Now with error monitoring and external services monitoring, Scout is a developer's best friend when it comes to application development.

  • Blueprinter

    Simple, Fast, and Declarative Serialization Library for Ruby

    In a happy coincidence, we're knee-deep in the middle of a migration of our serialisers to use Blueprinter instead of AMS. One benefit, in this case, is that it lets you explicitly set what generator you're using, like so:

NOTE: The number of mentions on this list indicates mentions on common posts plus user suggested alternatives. Hence, a higher number means a more popular project.

Suggest a related project

Related posts