Top 21 HTML Markdown Projects
A simple, in-browser, markdown-driven slideshow tool.Project mention: What is the best free slideshow maker?? | reddit.com/r/freesoftware | 2021-09-23
just some text, but easy to tweak/adopt/write? -> https://remarkjs.com
The last Markdown editor, ever.Project mention: Chairs are Real: Using Prototype Theory to solve | reddit.com/r/Destiny | 2021-09-21
Online Editors and VSCode Have live previews for Markdown so you can get the feedback loop down
Run Linux Software Faster and Safer than Linux with Unikernels.
Have a look at turndown: https://domchristie.github.io/turndown/
Repository for the book "Crafting Interpreters"Project mention: Purpose of (val >> 8) & 0xff pattern | reddit.com/r/C_Programming | 2021-09-23
I am reading Crafting Interpreters by Bob Nystrom. The section on if statements includes the following function:
One of the 'BEST' markdown preview extensions for Atom editor!Project mention: Show HN: Dendron – Super Fast Open Source Note-Taking in VSCode | news.ycombinator.com | 2021-03-17
I tried out Dendron a few months ago for personal note-taking, technical docs, and organizing tasks. I was excited at first, but overall the cons outweighed the pros for me.
1) There's a simplicity in using VS Code for writing notes and docs if (and probably only if) you already spend your day in VS Code, like I do.
2) The Markdown Preview Enhanced VS Code extension (which is a dependency of Dendron) is super cool for having so many "batteries" included. For example, check out all the diagram types it supports: https://shd101wyy.github.io/markdown-preview-enhanced/#/diag... . I still use it, separately from Dendron.
3) Storing my data as plain text on disk (backed up by GitHub or Dropbox) has nice properties compared to how SaaS apps do it (e.g. if you use Notion, say, your data materializes out of "the cloud" when you launch the app, and otherwise has no tangible existence). When my data is plain text on my local disk, I own it; I know I can export it, I can run whatever editor or program on it; I can access past versions (via git or Dropbox); I don't have to worry about it being corrupted, or accidentally deleting some of it, or not being able to access it because of server issues, or not being able to export it, or being offline, and so on.
4) The Dendron docs ("wiki") site is created using Dendron. It's a cool thought that I could create a nice website of documentation or notes without leaving VS Code.
1) Can't access my notes from mobile.
2) Major warts in navigating between notes. Each note has a tab for editing it and a tab for viewing/previewing it. Opening a note behaves differently depending on which tab is focused. Clicking links to go from one note to another doesn't work very well.
3) Poor full-text search (just VS Code's code search).
4) You can't specify an order for notes, only unordered hierarchy, and you can't easily view multiple notes at once, which means keeping lots of short notes, or using different notes for different sections of a document, doesn't really work. There's a tension in any note-taking tool between short notes and long notes. Should notes be as short as possible? Or stretch into long documents? The ideal tool IMO would blur the difference between an ordered hierarchy of sections within a document and an ordered hierarchy of notes within some grouping. Dendron makes it seem like it is for keeping thousands of small notes, but the ways in which you can view, organize, and navigate between notes (lack of good "browse," search, links, lists, seeing multiple notes, next/previous note, and so on) are so limited that it makes more sense to write long documents. In which case, all you really need is Markdown Preview Enhanced and the file system.
Template for writing a PhD thesis in MarkdownProject mention: Ask HN: What are you surprised isn’t being worked on more? | news.ycombinator.com | 2020-12-28
Markdown for academic papers. We have this https://github.com/tompollard/phd_thesis_markdown (which is the best template I know and on a personal note I've written my thesis with that too) but the whole ecosystem can be still improved.
A super fast, highly extensible markdown parser for PHP (by cebe)
Scout APM: A developer's best friend. Try free for 14-days. Scout APM uses tracing logic that ties bottlenecks to source code so you know the exact line of code causing performance issues and can get back to building a great product faster.
Application for managing recipes, planning meals, building shopping lists and much much more! (by vabene1111)Project mention: Eigene Rezeptsammlung - wo? | reddit.com/r/FragReddit | 2021-09-09
Pretty basic theme for Hugo that covers all of the essentials. All you have to do is start typing!Project mention: Construyendo un blog estático con Hugo | dev.to | 2021-04-25
D&D 5E SRD converted line-by-line to Markdown and many other publishing formats.Project mention: 5E SRD now in .MD & .DOCX | reddit.com/r/DMAcademy | 2021-04-23
I'm new here but wanted to let everyone know I've created a REmastered version of the D&D 5E SRD 5.1 w/ Errata available in multiple file formats from my Github Page. No longer will you have to convert Wizards' own PDF.
Use markdown to write your handouts and books in Tufte style.Project mention: news.ycombinator.com | 2021-02-24
A “portable HTML” blog generatorProject mention: Looking for a minmal static site generator, or is it overkill already? | reddit.com/r/webdev | 2021-03-19
A really minimal solution: portable-php
A "markdown-first" approach for generating beautiful browser-based slides easily. Based on Reveal.js and Reveal-Jekyll.Project mention: Github pages template project to quickly create and host beautiful markdown based slides for free | reddit.com/r/github | 2021-06-03
And find the repo here: https://github.com/a-nau/markdownslides
A simple Markdown to HTML editorProject mention: md-editor - A simple Markdown to HTML Editor | reddit.com/r/coolgithubprojects | 2021-03-23
Powerpage Markdown Editor (95 lines of code)
My personal websiteProject mention: What's the easiest way to make a dark theme (like on 1st photo) for markdown files hosted on github pages? Please check comments for the full description | reddit.com/r/webdev | 2021-01-26
So, I recently started my own "website" (repo link https://github.com/Jac0g/akim13.com) It's basically just my notes written in markdown and hosted on github pages. I want to somehow turn github default white color scheme (2nd photo) into a dark one (like on the 1st photo) without changing .md files.
CSS style to make HTML look like raw markdownProject mention: CSS style to make HTML look like raw markdown | reddit.com/r/dym_sh | 2021-02-07
rendered in markdown with verse numbers and rubricsProject mention: The 36 Lessons of Vivec with Verse Numbers, Rubrics, Three Different Formats to the Text, Links to Various Commentaries, and a Dump of the Original Game Files | reddit.com/r/Everything_ALMSIVI | 2021-02-09
Markdown to PDF converter (WIP)Project mention: Markdown to PDF conversion demo, with the help of a C++ library | reddit.com/r/Sciter | 2021-02-23
Browse an HTTP folder and view markdown or any other text document
What are some of the best open-source Markdown projects in HTML? This list will help you:
Are you hiring? Post a new remote job listing for free.