Elixir rate-limit Projects
ExRated, the Elixir OTP GenServer with the naughty name that allows you to rate-limit calls to any service that requires it.
Elixir queue! A simple, in-memory queue with worker pooling and rate limiting in Elixir.Project mention: Ask HN: Freelancer? Seeking freelancer? (April 2022) | news.ycombinator.com | 2022-04-01
SEEKING WORK | Melbourne, Australia | Remote Preferred
- Technologies: Elixir, Ruby, React, JS
- Résumé/CV: https://fredwu.me/cv.pdf
- Email: ifredwu at gmail dot com
My name’s Fred Wu, I’m an experienced Elixir and Ruby developer who has worked on multiple commercial projects as well as having released multiple open source Hex packages and Rubygems.
I work at a fintech startup as CTO, leading a small team. During Covid I've been pumping out around 40 extra hours per week on freelancing work. My day job involves mostly the non-coding part of problem solving so it's a nice mix of pace for me to keep my coding skills sharp during the evenings and on weekends.
I’ve been using Elixir for half a decade, ruby for over a decade, lead and built multiple commercial B2B & B2C SaaS projects. I’ve always been very hands on, and have worked with multiple tech stacks in the past, including JS/React, PHP, Golang, and most recently Clojure at the startup I’m currently working at.
- My blog and talks: https://fredwu.me/
- My Github profile: https://github.com/fredwu
- My LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wufred/
As you probably noticed I have quite a few projects on Github. Some of the more interesting ones are:
- Crawler, a high performance web crawler built in Elixir: https://github.com/fredwu/crawler
- Simple Bayes, a naive bayes machine learning implementation in Elixir: https://github.com/fredwu/simple_bayes
- OPQ, a simple in-memory queue with worker pooling and rate limiting in Elixir: https://github.com/fredwu/opq
- And a few years ago when I was heavily involved in the ruby/rails community, I had done an experimental project building a "layer 0" ORM on top of ActiveRecord and Sequel: https://github.com/fredwu/datamappify
If you think my skills and experience could add value to the project I’d love to chat more. You could reach me at ifredwu at gmail dot com. Thanks!
Developer Ecosystem Survey 2022. Take part in the Developer Ecosystem Survey 2022 by JetBrains and get a chance to win a Macbook, a Nvidia graphics card, or other prizes. We’ll create an infographic full of stats, and you’ll get personalized results so you can compare yourself with other developers.
Elixir rate-limit related posts
Are you hiring? Post a new remote job listing for free.