Top 15 Crystal CLI Projects
A Crystal web framework that makes building applications fast, simple, and enjoyable. Get started with quick prototyping, less bugs, and blazing fast performance.Project mention: Medusa: The open-source alternative to Shopify | reddit.com/r/programming | 2021-12-14
Amber : https://amberframework.org/
A performant, and portable jq wrapper to facilitate the consumption and output of formats other than JSON; using jq filters to transform the data.Project mention: Oq: A jq wrapper for handling YAML, XML, JSON, etc. with jq filters | news.ycombinator.com | 2021-12-15
Deliver Cleaner and Safer Code - Right in Your IDE of Choice!. SonarLint is a free and open source IDE extension that identifies and catches bugs and vulnerabilities as you code, directly in the IDE. Install from your favorite IDE marketplace today.
Yet another Crystal library for building command-line interface applications. (by mosop)
Readline-esque library with fancy features (by Papierkorb)Project mention: An Ode to Ruby | news.ycombinator.com | 2022-01-10
So you are accusing me of lying, how lovely of you!
Let's see if your accusations can hold up to Socratic questioning:
- If I haven't open sourced any Crystal projects does that mean I haven't written any?
- I have published several Ruby gems, when was the last commit or version bump for any of them? You're more interested that I am, tell me. I really should archive them, thanks for reminding me.
- You missed off my Gitlab, what was the last public contribution I made there? (hint)
- What's the last gem I created? I reckon it's this one that I didn't publish because the Rack team changed a public API in such a dumb way that I'd have to rewrite it and then mucked me around with a pull request to Rack that one of the core team copy and pasted in as their own commit while arguing against the pull. Weird, but lovely people, like yourself. Meanwhile, your cookies lack security. Yes, I want to continue working within this language and ecosystem… Does the sarcasm come through in my writing?
- Why did you not check the Crystal repo? Github has a search facility. Put my username in, and pick `commits` on the left.
- How did you miss the forks of Docopt.cr and Fancyline? They're right there in my public activity log. Did you not see the merges into Fancyline of my code? I have more to give, just trying to find the time.
- Did you not see forks with commits such as xattr.cr, xdg.cr, and Pope.cr
- You didn't see I'd provided a project for Mint so it can be run easier with Docker Compose?
- Aside from that I have a whole host of changes to migrate.cr still to push up. You can't know that but you might've guessed that I was at least working with that - and all the other forks of Crystal projects I have.
That is all public and not the half of the Crystal code I look at.
Should I expect an apology? If you were too cowardly to be straightforward with your accusations then I find it stretches credulity far beyond breaking that you could be big enough to provide one. We'll see, like you, I've been very wrong about people in the past.
Console / terminal GUI toolkit for Crystal.Project mention: Which ncurses bindings should I use under GNU/Linux ? | reddit.com/r/crystal_programming | 2021-08-07
I will recommend here another terminal library, not ncurses based, in case you or someone else find it useful, it's Crysterm and was shown in the Crystal conference last month so seems to be very active at the moment. Here is the video recording.
Declarative API for drawing unicode/ascii character tables in crystal lang
A command-line tool for KakouneProject mention: Trouble adding a Crystal application to nixpkgs | reddit.com/r/NixOS | 2021-03-02
I'm trying to add kakoune.cr to nixpkgs. I got as far as this. The problem now is that when I try nix-build -A kakoune-cr, I get a strange error message.
OPS - Build and Run Open Source Unikernels. Quickly and easily build and deploy open source unikernels in tens of seconds. Deploy in any language to any cloud.
A light CLI text editor/IDE written in Crystal
A simple declarative command line interface builder
Web Application Firewall (WAF) Detector
A very basic setupless terminal based SQL query runner meant to be used as a developer tool to test queries against a project database.
Deserialize CLI parameters to an object, with errors and help management. (by erdnaxeli)Project mention: Clip: deserialize CLI parameters to an object, with errors and help management | reddit.com/r/crystal_programming | 2021-04-12
Source code: https://github.com/erdnaxeli/clip Documentation: https://erdnaxeli.github.io/clip/
Dead simple task runner
Tiny tool to make your CLI output 🌈 coloured
currency conversion CLI
Crystal CLI related posts
Clip: deserialize CLI parameters to an object, with errors and help management
1 project | reddit.com/r/crystal_programming | 12 Apr 2021
Trouble adding a Crystal application to nixpkgs
2 projects | reddit.com/r/NixOS | 2 Mar 2021
oq - A portable/performant jq wrapper Part 2
3 projects | dev.to | 27 Feb 2021
3 projects | reddit.com/r/kakoune | 24 Feb 2021
What are some of the best open-source CLI projects in Crystal? This list will help you:
Are you hiring? Post a new remote job listing for free.