Our great sponsors
|about 1 year ago||1 day ago|
|The Unlicense||GNU General Public License v3.0 or later|
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.
i dont like systemd
7 projects | reddit.com/r/linux | 31 May 2022
sysz can be a useful tool for the inexperienced. It's a very simple TUI for system to and can open the journal for a unit. Check it out!
Chmod-CLI: A simple tool that brings the chmod command in a TUI
3 projects | news.ycombinator.com | 17 Dec 2021
sysz: An interactive fuzzy matching TUI for systemctl using fzf written entirely in Bash
2 projects | reddit.com/r/commandline | 29 Aug 2021
how to sync clipboard in ssh with tmux?
2 projects | reddit.com/r/commandline | 10 Mar 2023
There is a page on the tmux github wiki with more info https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki/Clipboard
How to get that bottom bar? Don’t even know what it’s called
2 projects | reddit.com/r/neovim | 9 Mar 2023
Workflow tips (particularly mac)
4 projects | reddit.com/r/datascience | 6 Mar 2023
I also use iTerm2, not the built in Mac terminal. Install tmux too to be able to detach running programs so they are running in the background. (you can reattach when you need to)
8 projects | reddit.com/r/MacOS | 1 Mar 2023
tmux is one of those Homebrew apps that some users won’t be able to live without and one that others won’t understand why you would need in the first place.
3 projects | reddit.com/r/vim | 26 Feb 2023
Another reason the above setup is helpful is that I use terminal vim in conjunction with Tmux. I always configure my IDE where vim is about 75% of my terminal window, on the left. The other 25% is a command line. In tmux, you can "zoom in" to a tmux pane by using Leader+z (for default tmux, this is "Ctrl+b z"). This effectively allows me to focus on vim but pop out a command line when I need it. Having the three tab approach above gives me more flexibility for how I'm viewing my code depending on whether that command line pane is open or closed.
what is this terminal? tmux?
4 projects | reddit.com/r/linuxquestions | 21 Feb 2023
No, tmux is a "terminal multiplexer", ie. it is an application that runs in the terminal, providing additional functionality. https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki4 projects | reddit.com/r/linuxquestions | 21 Feb 2023
Using Tmux inside a terminal emulator (Examples: Gnome Terminal, Alacritty)
Plugin for splitting window in zsh ?
2 projects | reddit.com/r/zsh | 15 Feb 2023
Is it possible / is there any plugin to split a window in zsh ? Something like tmux or tilix ? Or is there any other way to achieve this ? Below is an example from tmux and tilix, respectively.
The way I setup neovim with vim-slime and lazy.nvim for REPL interaction
3 projects | reddit.com/r/neovim | 10 Feb 2023
I have a Python and Julia REPL based workflow and I achieved a pretty nice setup with LazyVim, vim-slime and tmux.
2 projects | reddit.com/r/unixart | 31 Jan 2023
terminal multiplexer: tmux
What are some alternatives?
zellij - A terminal workspace with batteries included
kitty - Cross-platform, fast, feature-rich, GPU based terminal
tilix - A tiling terminal emulator for Linux using GTK+ 3
i3 - A tiling window manager for X11
toggleterm.nvim - A neovim lua plugin to help easily manage multiple terminal windows
Mosh - Mobile Shell
emacs-theme-gruvbox - Gruvbox is a retro groove color scheme for Emacs. Port of the Vim version.
fish-shell - The user-friendly command line shell.
pytorch-lightning - Build high-performance AI models with PyTorch Lightning (organized PyTorch). Deploy models with Lightning Apps (organized Python to build end-to-end ML systems). [Moved to: https://github.com/Lightning-AI/lightning]
foot - mirror of https://codeberg.org/dnkl/foot with personal patches
alacritty - A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.