Our great sponsors
- Amplication - open-source Node.js backend code generator
- Appwrite - The open-source backend cloud platform
- SurveyJS - A Non-Cloud Alternative to Google Forms that has it all.
- Mergify - Updating dependencies is time-consuming.
- InfluxDB - Collect and Analyze Billions of Data Points in Real Time
|21 days ago||4 days ago|
|MIT License||MIT License|
Stars - the number of stars that a project has on GitHub. Growth - month over month growth in stars.
Activity is a relative number indicating how actively a project is being developed. Recent commits have higher weight than older ones.
For example, an activity of 9.0 indicates that a project is amongst the top 10% of the most actively developed projects that we are tracking.
An Overview of 25+ UI Component Libraries in 2023
40 projects | dev.to | 10 Sep 2023
React-Admin: As the name suggests, this component library is targeted at building administrator interfaces for B2B (business-to-business), for example, managing users in your system. It is based on Material design and has a neat feature where you can let it “guess” your list views by providing a sample API endpoint for your data.
Launch HN: Refine (YC S23) – Open-Source Retool for Enterprise
6 projects | news.ycombinator.com | 9 Aug 2023
Pros and cons of off-the-shelf solutions for creating a control panel
6 projects | /r/reactjs | 13 Jul 2023
- We want a solution that creates CRUD (create, read, update, delete) quickly and requires minimal effort. - We want to be able to create some sort of complex interface if the task requires it. - We make cool, beautiful projects, so we want a visually pleasing solution. - We want the solution to be independent of the language on the back-end, because, for example, we started with PHP, Laravel, but over time node.js, Go appeared in the stack. In short, we want fast, beautiful and custom. We've had time to poke at various off-the-shelf solutions that we've been advised. They're good, but: - they are created specifically for some frameworks / languages like laravel, node.js - they can only generate CRUDs with a rigidly defined structure, where you can't implement or customize anything of your own. - they can't be styled Here's what we've been looking at Control Panels for Laravel: https://demo.backpackforlaravel.com/admin/dashboard Not a very pretty solution in our opinion. And the promo page has nice screenshots, not the demo "well such". https://orchid.software/en/ Not particularly functional, but neatly done https://nova.laravel.com They have a beautiful, but rigidly set strutkrua, you can not create castmon interfaces, stylize them. Just do CRUD and that's it. And it's paid https://filamentphp.com/ Analog to Nova, with essentially the same problems. For node.js: https://adminjs.co Nice promo, and the demo is way behind As standalone dashboards: https://strapi.io/ Very cool, but for other purposes. It's more of an entity builder with an interface and API https://pocketbase.io/ Similarly, it's an entity builder with an interface and API https://directus.io/ This is a backend builder. https://filamentphp.com/It is purely for php, you can't customize styles, you can't create your own interfaces. It is possible to create only tables and forms by template, and we remember that we want flexibility, independence from the language and the ability to create their own interfaces and customize them https://flatlogic.com This is also more of a backend builder. Direct competitors: https://github.com/refinedev/refine https://marmelab.com/react-admin/is probably the best solution that is currently on the market, they have been developing for a long time, they are our favorite. To the disadvantages we considered the following points: quite an old project, and somewhere the technology is already outdated, unsympathetic interface, old UI libraries. Huge documentation, it’s simply to create CRUD but hard to work without immersion. After all this there is only one conclusion: you need to do it yourself....
React or Next.js for an Admin Dashboard Project
2 projects | /r/reactjs | 4 May 2023
React Without useEffect
5 projects | dev.to | 13 Apr 2023
Libraries and frameworks fill that gap. React-query, react-hook-form, react-router, MUI, and emotion use useEffect so that you don't have to. React-admin builds up on these libraries, and exposes higher-level components and hooks to let you build complex, declarative React apps free of useEffect.5 projects | dev.to | 13 Apr 2023
You may say: "That declarative syntax works for simple cases, but I often have to use useEffect and I see no way around it". Well, we've built many React apps (including an e-commerce admin and a CRM) that don't call useEffect even once. So yes, it's possible.
What ui component framework would you recommend to an entry level "backend" dev
3 projects | /r/webdev | 10 Apr 2023
Something you might be interested in as well, if you just want a low effort (crud) interface: Refine or React Admin . These usually don't "click" that well for frontend devs, but I found them easier to understand for backend devs, who usually don't mind following their opinionated natures. Which frontend devs are notoriously resistent too .
Suggestions for a React Crud App Base Repo (I've Built a Backend/Database Already)
2 projects | /r/learnprogramming | 6 Apr 2023
Look into React admin maybe. I've used it a few times and it's been a breeze creating a full crud UI quickly.
Need a library for generation UI of CRUD
2 projects | /r/react | 5 Apr 2023
You might want to check out React Admin (https://marmelab.com/react-admin/). It provides a way to quickly create a full-featured admin interface for your API. You can use your existing API endpoints and data structures to generate a UI that includes everything from data grids and forms to filters and charts. It also has built-in support for common features like authentication, pagination, and data validation.
Anyone using react-admin?
2 projects | /r/reactjs | 19 Mar 2023
What are some alternatives?
tailwind-dashboard-template - Mosaic Lite is a free admin dashboard template built on top of Tailwind CSS and fully coded in React. Made by
AdminJS - AdminJS is an admin panel for apps written in node.js
refine - Build your React-based CRUD applications, without constraints. [Moved to: https://github.com/refinedev/refine]
refine - Build your React-based CRUD applications, without constraints. 🌟 Star to support our work!
mantine - A fully featured React components library
appsmith - Platform to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.
go-admin - A golang framework helps gopher to build a data visualization and admin panel in ten minutes
superset - Apache Superset is a Data Visualization and Data Exploration Platform
shards-react - ⚛️A beautiful and modern React design system.
antd - An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library